No visa is needed for the following countries
Please find below the list of countries whose citizens do not need a visa to come to Hungary for a short-term (maximum-90 day) stay.
Antigua and Barbuda
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Please visit the web site of the Hungarian Embassy or Consulate in your country and read all about the visa application process.
CLICK HERE for further advice on visa applications in Africa
- The visa procedure may last as long as 30 days, especially in African countries and in cases when the applicant resides outside his/her home country. You are strongly advised to allow a month for the visa process as it follows a strict protocol and cannot be intruded.
- You can apply for a visa only in case your passport is valid for 3 months after your planned arrival date in Hungary. Please check your passport validity and have it extended in time for your visa application. In countries where new passport formats have been introduced, one can travel abroad with the new biometric passport only. Please allow enough time for getting your new travel document.
- On receiving the invitation letter from the SUN Office, please read the visa requirements pages of the Embassy web site and start collecting all necessary papers. It is advisable to contact the Embassy by phone to make sure you have all the necessary documents for your visa application prior to submitting them.
- The Summer University Office will send you the original of your official invitation letter along with the room reservation confirmation from the hotel. You are expected to arrive one day before the course starts and leave one day after the course finishes. If you wish to modify this booking, please contact your hotel to request a revised room reservation letter, which you need to submit with your visa application.
- You will also need to submit your ticket reservation with your visa application. Please make sure your visa is requested for your actual travel dates and is valid for the entire duration of your stay in Hungary.
- You may need to book a visa interview by email. Please fix your visa interview date well in advance as summer months are busy at all Consular Departments due to the tourist season, while their capacity is limited due to staff holidays.
- If there is no Hungarian Embassy in your country, you need to check which Schengen-country has an embassy in your neighborhood that issues a visa in the name of Hungary. (E.g. Latvian, German or Austrian Embassies).
CLICK HERE for the list of countries issuing visas on behalf of Hungary.
- The Summer University Office does not issue invitation letters for family members of its program participants.