The general principles for financial aid are summarized below; please visit the course web pages to see the course-specific financial aid policy.
- Financial aid is available in the following categories:
- tuition waiver
- accommodation grant
- travel grant (full or partial)
- Participants from Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and Mongolia, as well as those coming from emerging countries worldwide can apply for financial aid in all categories listed above, except for the Advanced European Union Legal Practice course, which can only be attended on a fee-paying basis (no scholarships or tuition waivers are available)
- Participants from developed countries are expected to pay tuition fee. However, there are a limited number of tuition waivers available on a competitive basis. Those who wish to apply for a tuition waiver should submit a cover letter specifying their reasons via the online application form.
- Participants are NOT eligible to receive financial aid if they attended two CEU faculty initiative activities (i.e., CRC, SUN) funded by CEU within a four-year period.
- In case an applicant is accepted to two courses, which is only possible if the two courses are run consecutively, financial aid is only available for attending one course.
All packages will include the following:
- tuition of 24 contact hours per week
- a certificate of attendance
- ECTS credit points where applicable
- access to course E-learning page (with readings, assignments, etc.)
- access to CEU facilities (Library, IT services, sports centre including the use of the indoor swimming pool, tennis courts)
- some social and cultural events (welcome and farewell reception, outings, fieldtrips, film screenings, etc.)
1. Fee-Paying Package
Financial aid: N/A
Participant's contribution: tuition, travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses.
2. Financial Aid Packages
- Tuition Waiver
Financial aid: tuition fee waived
Participant's contribution: health insurance, travel, accommodation and living expenses
- Partial SUN Scholarship
Financial aid: tuition fee waived and free accommodation in a double room
Participant's contribution: health insurance, travel and living expenses
- Full SUN Scholarship
Financial aid: tuition fee waived; free accommodation in a double room and a full or partial travel grant.
Participant's contribution: health insurance and living expenses.
The Full SUN Scholarship includes a full or partial travel grant which can be applied for on a competitive basis and will be available in a limited number. Visa costs and short domestic trips are not reimbursed. The citizens of the following countries are not eligible to apply for a travel grant: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and the western part of Ukraine and qualify therefore for a Partial SUN Scholarship.