Aspects of Responsibility
Jul 14 - 25, 2008
Getting to the hotel
Address: CEU Residence and Conference Center
Kerepesi út 87, H-1106 Budapest, Hungary
Tel.:+36 1 327-3150
Fax:+36 1 327-3167
How to get to the CEU Residence Center by Minibus or public transportation
Exchange rates are less favorable at the airport so you are advised to change only as much as is necessary for the transfer to the CEU Residence Center.
Each Sunday, the SUN Office staff will receive participants at the CEU Residence Center between 10:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 - 19:00.
The registration process
Please visit the registration desk during the hours above and collect your
During registration, you will be asked to submit the photocopy of your insurance policy.
- welcome pack, which contains a map of Budapest; instructions how to buy a travel pass and how to get to the downtown campus where classes will be held; a guide to restaurants in and around CEU, etc.
- visitor's card that should be presented upon entering the university premises, including and the Library and the computer labs
Individual login names and passwords for the CEU computer system will be distributed during the Orientation Session on Monday. Until then, you will be able to use a few computers available in #101 with a guest login for express emailing.
Meeting your group and your course coordinator
Most course coordinators will try to meet their groups on Sunday and take those participants out around 7pm who have arrived by then. They will also help you buy your travel pass. Please look for posters announcing these group meetings on the notice board at the Residence Center.
In case your course does not organize any such events, you can start exploring the city on your own - if you need help or advice, please feel free to consult the SUN staff at the registration desk.
Buying your travel pass
Please make sure you bring a photo sized 3.5x4.5 cm, which will speed up the process of getting your travel pass.
CLICK HERE to see how to get your travel pass.
Those who arrive after registration hours will receive their welcome packs at the Residence Center reception desk.
Day 1, Monday
Directions to CEU
Please check in your course schedule, which you have printed out from the course web site, when your first session will start. You will need to allow about 60 minutes on the first day to get to the university in time; once you know your way, it will be around 45 minutes door-to-door. (It may help if several of you meet after breakfast and come to campus together.)
(see when it is held in your schedule)
During the Orientation Session you will receive:
- instructions how to use the CEU computer system and will be provided with a login name and a password
- useful tips about CEU and life in Budapest
- information about social events planned for your course (weekend boat trip, etc.) SUN travel grant recipients are asked to submit their travel invoice to the course coordinator for reimbursement on the first day.