July 21 - August 1, 2008
|Tuition Fee||Accommodation in CEU Residence Center||Estimated Living Costs|
|500 EUR||Single room
EUR / night / person
EUR / night / person
*Before and after SUN, the special SUN rates above may not apply.
As the number of scholarships available is limited, funding offered by institutions or individuals is welcome so that we can invite more well qualified applicants. When choosing the financial aid package, please consider if you or your institution can contribute to the program expenses. Faculty and Ph.D. students are advised to approach their home departments for travel grants; researchers may have research grants available which can cover their participation; professionals may turn to their employers to fund their training at SUN. While selection of applicants will be based on the academic merit of the applications, those willing to bear the participation costs fully or partially will be preferred in case of equally strong applications.
- Financial aid is available in the following categories:
- tuition waiver
- accommodation grant
- travel grant (full or partial)
- Participants from Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union and Mongolia, as well as those coming from emerging countries worldwide can apply for financial aid in all categories listed above.
- Participants from developed countries are expected to pay tuition fee. However, there are a limited number of tuition waivers available on a competitive basis. Those who wish to apply for a tuition waiver should send a separate cover letter specifying their reasons.
- Participants are NOT eligible to receive financial aid if they attended
a) a CEU CRC (Curriculum Resource Center) session in the same calendar or academic year (i.e., they must wait one year after their participation in one of the above programs before applying to SUN), or
b) two CEU faculty initiative activities (i.e., CRC, SUN) within a four-year period.
- In case an applicant is accepted to two courses, which is only possible if the two courses are run consecutively, financial aid is only available for attending one course.
All packages will include the following:
- tuition of 24 contact hours per week
- a certificate of attendance
- 2 ECTS credit points (upon request)
- access to course E-learning page (with readings, assignments, etc.)
- access to CEU facilities (Library, IT services, sports centre including the use of the indoor swimming pool, tennis courts)
- some social and cultural events (welcome and farewell reception, outings, fieldtrips, film screenings, etc.)
1. Fee-Paying Package
Financial aid: N/A
Participant's own contribution: tuition, travel, accommodation, health insurance and living expenses
2. Financial Aid Packages
- Tuition Waiver
Financial aid: tuition fee waived
Participant's own contribution: health insurance, travel, accommodation and living expenses
- Partial SUN Scholarship
Financial aid: tuition fee waived and free accommodation in a double room
Participant's own contribution: health insurance, travel and living expenses
- Full SUN Scholarship
Financial aid: tuition fee waived; free accommodation in a double room and a full or partial travel grant
Participant's own contribution: health insurance and living expenses.
The Full SUN Scholarship includes a full or partial travel grant which can be applied for on a competitive basis and will be available in a limited number. Visa costs and short domestic trips are not reimbursed. The citizens of the following countries are not eligible to apply for a travel grant: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and the western part of Ukraine and qualify therefore for a Partial SUN Scholarship.