July 21 - August 1, 2008
Application forms are encouraged to be submitted through the on-line registration system. In addition to the completed application form, the following supporting documents are requested to be sent via email to :
- CV (with a list of publications if any)
- A Statement of Purpose
In the Statement of Purpose please describe how the course is relevant to your teaching, research or professional work, and in what way you expect to benefit from it. You are advised to consult the detailed course description on the course web page so that the statement of purpose is in accordance with the main objectives of the course.
- A research proposal describing your current research interest related to the course theme (3-4 typewritten pages excluding the bibliography). The proposal should contain the purpose, methodology, expected output, and bibliography of your current or planned research in your home institution. During the course, the proposal will be discussed and further developed through consultations with the faculty and fellow participants.
An English language article / research paper in progress, which you would like to develop as the outcome of the course.
- One Letter of Recommendation
- A copy of an article in English, which you have recently published
- A copy of any English language certificate
- A special cover letter, if a tuition waiver is applied for
Please note the following:
- Applications are expected to be submitted no later than February 14, 2008 for scholarship applications and May 30, 2008 for fee-paying applications. Applications will be accepted only through electronic submission through the CEU SUN on-line registration system;
- The signed (with handwriting) Letter of Recommendation should be scanned preferably in color and saved as a PDF or some graphical file (JPEG, TIFF, PNG).
- The required attachments (along with the signed and scanned letter of recommendation) should be sent via email to .
- Applications will not be considered complete and will not be processed until all supporting materials have been received.
Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.