From Holy War to Peaceful Co-habitation. Diversity of Crusading and the Military Orders
July 14 - 25, 2008
SUN participants of all courses (except for ERRA Summer School) will be accommodated in the CEU Residence Center, a modern residence complex in Budapest. It offers furnished, air-conditioned single and double rooms. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom. Bed linen, towel, soap and shampoo will be provided once a week, on the cleaning day. Wireless Internet access is available on the ground and first floor, and there might be a PC in your room. The computer lab is open 24 hours.
The Center is run as a hotel-type service and participants can find many other facilities such as:
On every floor there is a lounge with a coffee machine, a kettle, a microwave oven and a refrigerator (cooking in the rooms is not allowed) and a laundry room. You will find a TV room on floors 2-6 as well.
a Restaurant, a Lounge with vending machines, and a pub a sports center with swimming pool and fitness room basketball/football and tennis courts
Directions from the main CEU Campus (Nador u 9)
From Deak ter the red metro (line 2) should be taken to Ors vezer tere and a transfer should be made to one of the following buses: 44 (3 stops)or #45 (4 stops). Getting to/from the Center to/from the Central European University teaching facilities takes about 45 minutes.
Click here for more detailed information about the transportation between the Residence Center and the CEU Campus.
|CEU Residence and Conference Center
Kerepesi út 87., H-1106 Budapest, Hungary
Tel.:+36 1 327-3150;
Fax:+36 1 327-3167
Room prices (Special rates for Summer University participants exclusively during SUN):
- Single room: 7,000 HUF / person / night
- Double room: 8,500 HUF (4,250 HUF / person / night)
Prices include breakfast.
Those who are responsible for covering their own accommodation costs should pay upon arrival at the hotel either in cash or by credit card. Please note that only Hungarian Forint is accepted as cash payment. Fee-paying participants are kindly asked NOT to include accommodation costs when they transfer the tuition fee.
Accommodation grant for SUN scholarship recipients
- Recipients of a SUN accommodation grant are eligible for a double occupancy room. If for some reason you do not wish to share the room with another person, please check the availability of a single room with the SUN Office and ask for a single room upgrade. In this case you will have to contribute to your room cost by 11 Euro a day.
- The accommodation grant for scholarship students only covers the course duration and the night of arrival one day before the course starts. If you wish to extend your stay, you'll have to cover the extra nights from your own budget and also arrange the room for the extra nights with Sarolta Szabo () as soon as possible or by May 15th the latest.
- In case you wish to bring guests or family members, SUN covers only half of a double room for you; therefore you'll have to cover the accommodation costs of the extra person on arrival.
- Please note that the accommodation grant is part of your grant package: it cannot be paid in cash and is applicable exclusively at the CEU Residence and Conference Center. CEU does not give accommodation refunds for early departures, weekends away, or for breakfasts not taken.
Arrival and departure dates
You are supposed to arrive one day before the course starts and leave one day after the course finishes. Depending upon availability, you can extend your stay in the Residence Center. If you wish to arrive earlier or/and leave later than the regular dates, please contact Sarolta Szabo () as soon as possible.
Spouses and Guests
Please note that the Summer University Office does not have the resources to assist participants with locating accommodation for spouses or assisting them with visa arrangements.
Find your way to your accommodation
For detailed information on how to get to your accommodation please check the "Getting to your Hotel" section in the left menu.
- Summer University: Sarolta Szabo
- CEU Residence Center: Anett Nagy